Monday, May 4, 2009

40 weeks today . . .


Today is officially Kaia's due date but we are still waiting! I couldn't sleep last night with all the anticipation and finally starting to feel contractions (irregular) and baby moving more. This morning I had my 40 week check up. I was 50% effaced and my cervix was almost 1 cm dilated. I guess that's good progress! The baby dropped a little lower too. I was sent to labor & delivery for a fetal non-stress test to listen to her heartbeat and do an ultrasound to see how much fluid is surrounding her. She's ok and her heartbeat is very strong but the nurse commented on what a happy baby she is because she kept moving during the test! We are just waiting for now and I'm starting to notice more contractions. If I don't deliver by next Monday I will undergo induced labor - which I hope I won't have to go through! For now I leave you with a picture of a onesie that Damien's coworker gave us. Last Friday they threw a baby shower for him at work! We can't wait for Kaia to wear it! :)


1 comment:

Pita said...

Such a cute onesie. I'm sure Kaia will make her apperance soon.